RESTAURANT BENEFITS AND STAFFING GUIDELINES AT-A-GLANCE
Now in its 20th ROARING year, Zoo Rendezvous is our largest annual fund-raiser with 100% of all proceeds directly benefiting conservation efforts and animal care at Utah’s Hogle Zoo. More than 1,300 guests will be in attendance to enjoy an evening of complementary food and drink, up-close animal encounters, silent auction, live music and entertainment. Straight up, it’s THE WILDEST PARTY IN TOWN!
Date, Time & Location
- Thursday, September 7, 2017
- 6:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Utah’s Hogle Zoo (2600 E. Sunnyside Avenue)
- Zoo grounds will be open, party will be spread throughout the Zoo
- Restaurant check-in begins at 2:00 p.m.
- Health Inspection begins at 5:00 p.m.
- Restaurant breakdown begins at 10:30 p.m. (based on location)
Each Participating Restaurant Will Receive
- Two(2) 8’x3′ tables with linens under a 10×10 tent
- A professional sign with restaurant name and/or logo
- Required service ware (7″plates, 5 oz. bowls, 4 oz. soufflé cups, utensils, napkins etc.)
- Promotional signage (flier and/or postcards for in-restaurant use)
- Two(2) complimentary Zoo Rendezvous tickets ($300 value)
- Two(2) additional complimentary Zoo Rendezvous tickets ($300 value) for those who participate in silent auction and gift booklet program.
- Eight(8) complimentary Utah Hogle Zoo combo tickets ($135)
- Community exposure, including:
- Listed in selected Zoo Rendezvous fliers and media if committed prior to printing
- Listed with your logo, tag-line and contact information in ZR program distributed to all guests, volunteers, vendors, sponsors, entertainment.
- A link on the Zoo Rendezvous website
- Social media mentions throughout the event promotional season
- Opportunity to circulate information at event
- Hand out business cards, restaurant and catering menus
- Napkins, mints etc with restaurant logo
- Participation in our theme-printed gift booklet with special offers
Participating Restaurants Will Provide
- Small plate taste portions for up to 1,200 guests (suggested servings may be lower)
- Staffing for booth set up and breakdown including any décor (not to exceed 5)
- Staff 21 years and older with Food Handlers Permits and Sips and Tips where applicable for all prepartation and service of food during event
- Hand-washing station and sanitizing test strips as required by the Health Department
- Copy of Temporary Event Food Permit
- Hogle Zoo will reimburse you for the cost of the permit (up to $65)
- Must be obtained from the Bureau of Food Safety- Health Department
- 788 E. Woodoak Lane (5400 S.) Murray, UT 801-313-6620
- They are open Mon-Fri, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Cost is between $45 and $65 depending on “food risk”
- a $35 late fee will be charged if not 12 days in advance of event
- Late fees will NOT be reimbursed by the Zoo
- Permit must be turned in by August 29 to Utah Hogle Zoo.
- Reimbursement for your heath permit requires the following by 8/29/17
- Completed W9 (if we do not have one on file)
- Copy of Temporary Health Permit
- Copy of receipt
- In order to not jeopardize the event and to ensure our continued receipt of a temporary liquor license, only ticketed guests (those not working) are able to partake of alcohol. ALL STAFF MUST BE AT LEAST 21 YEARS OF AGE.
- Please be arrive at your scheduled time so we can accommodate your needs
- All vehicles must be off Utah Hogle Zoo grounds by 4:30 p.m.
- As a courtesy to our guests, do not strike your booth or attempt to load-out until your section is closed to the public