Zoo Rendezvous’ dedicated volunteer team of more than 150 people is the driving force behind the success of Hogle Zoo’s largest fundraising event!
We will be looking for volunteers, ages 21 and older, to share their time and talents in helping us throw another “wild” party for our next Zoo Rendezvous September 8, 2016.
All event volunteers will receive a Zoo Rendezvous t-shirt to wear at the party. The t-shirts are unisex, long-sleeved (S, M, L, XL, XXL, XXXL). Please send your size to email@example.com by August 20 and we will do our best to accommodate you.
On September 8th, a meal prior to the start of the event, snacks and beverages during the event, and a thank you gift at the end of the event will be provided to all volunteers.
Volunteer Guidelines & Important Dates
- All volunteers AT the event must be at least 21 years of age – no exceptions. Volunteers for set-up can be 18 year or older.
- Volunteers must be available from 5-11 p.m. on September 8th (unless other arrangements have been made).
- Volunteers must wear dark-colored (black, navy, brown) well-laundered slacks – no jeans or shorts please (dressy Capris are OK.)
- Volunteers are highly encouraged to wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes.
- Volunteers must be able to stand, walk and move while working the event (rest breaks will be given).
- Volunteers should feel comfortable interacting with guests, professional and friendly.
- The volunteer hospitality suite will be located in Zoo’s Beastro Café. A meal, snacks and beverages will be provided. Volunteers should not sample food/beverages from the vendor tents or bars. Under no circumstances may volunteers consume alcohol while at the event.
- Volunteers should wear a name tag branded with your organization’s logo. (first name is adequate) If your organization cannot provide a name tag, ZR branded name tags can be provided by contacting Emily Mann at firstname.lastname@example.org) by September 1st.
- Volunteers will be asked to do any of the following support tasks:
- Greeting/directing guests with valet parking staff
- Greeting/directing guests with silent auction registration team
- Greeting/directing guests with Guest Services staff handing out programs/lanyards (VIP only)
- Monitoring V.I.P. velvet-roped areas
- Providing bidder support and promotion in the Silent Auction area
- Assisting roaming support team for mobile bidding
- Providing support to restaurant tents if needed
- Providing support to hospitality suite monitors
- Providing support to green room monitors
- Providing support to Silent Auction check-out team
- Providing support to strike areas that close before 11 p.m. (i.e., VIP reception, Rocky Shores, Silent Auction)
- Any support with striking event from 11 to 11:30 p.m. will be greatly welcomed
- Assisting with “Green Brigade” duties (if previously approved before the event)
Thanks again for your help and support! Looking forward to working with all of you at our 19th annual Zoo Rendezvous.
For more information, please call (801) 584-4546.